Our unique service is founded on experience gained in both consultancy and contractor environments to provide an integrated approach to writing proposals that deliver customer objectives. It allows us to craft answers and submissions that score highly and demonstrate fundamental understanding of the processes of Design, Construction and Maintenance that your target customers will appreciate.
We have a combined experience in the construction industry of over 70 years and we have held director level appointments with P+L responsibility. Our experience includes managing and coordinating tender and pre-qualification submissions, and securing Board sign off on the proposals. We are fully familiar with effective presentation of selling points, and linking these to substantive evidence within page limited constraints.
Our experience of construction gives us full understanding of the challenges in the industry of balancing risk and commercial pressures to submit winning proposals. We understand your bottom line and the needs of your clients and the challenges of building a winning team. We can “hit the ground running” and we can get up to speed quickly with your business and the challenges you face. We can integrate easily with your pre-contract process, which allows your key staff to continue with their project delivery responsibilities.
We are familiar with most procurement strategies in the construction industry, including competitive dialogue. Our experience of “front line” construction includes Early Contractor Involvement, Frameworks, Design and Build and conventional Design – Bid – Build. We bring knowledge of lean construction and business improvement processes. We will engage with your project delivery teams to obtain their specialist knowledge, and evidence, which we will refine into bespoke responses and proposals.
We also offer a challenge – review service to ensure your proposals are staying focussed on the key themes and meeting or exceeding the customer’s requirements. At an appropriate stage we would read your draft proposal, looking at it from the perspective of an assessor, and feedback to you the strengths and weaknesses of your proposal.
We aim to establish long term relationships that build trust and knowledge, and that give you confidence to rely on.
Our combined experience includes projects from £10,000 to £1bn in value, and our bidding experience includes Bid Director, Bid Manager, Lead Writer, Reviewer and Assessor.
You will benefit from higher quality submissions that address both stated, and unstated, customer requirements. By focussing on customer requirements from an external perspective, and bringing our wide ranging experience to bear, we will improve your success rate in quality assessment.
You will get the benefit of our experience and skilled writing to help you submit winning proposals, and improve your bidding performance. You will have additional resources to help you target more opportunities, and you will have less need to take skilled managers away from delivery to develop proposals.
Andrew Munro BSc Hons, MICE, MCIHT
Andrew has over 30 years design management experience, much in the design and build and early contractor involvement arena. Formerly a business and technical director with Atkins he is familiar with the challenges of integrating design and construction. He has experience of quality management, lean construction, and tender processes. In addition to managing and coordinating bids/pre-qualifications, he has assessed tenders on major projects and carried out reality checks. His strengths are thinking outside the box, and innovative approaches.
David Stevens DMS, MCIHT, MCMI
David has held Director Positions with Enterprise PLC. and Wrekin Construction Co Ltd and has worked in Civil Engineering, Highways, Highway Maintenance, Bridgeworks, Civil and Military Airfields and Industrial Building projects for over 40 years. The last 20 years he has been Group Operations Director, Business Development Director and Technical Director. He has first-hand experience of winning work in the highly competitive contracting market. His strengths lie in teamwork, either leading, or being part of the team, with detailed knowledge of the contracting industry and supply chain. He adds the contractor’s perspective to integrated bids now favoured by clients.
Specific experience of bid management and bid writing includes:-
- Highways Agency CDF Framework (Hyder Consulting 2014 – Outcome awaited) – Lead writer of sections on Leading Change and Right First Time, and Review of key CVs, case studies, all quality and evidence sections.
- A14 Huntingdon to Cambridge Development Phase (Hyder/Halcrow Joint Venture 2013 – 2nd placed) – Storyboarding and Red Review of bid.
- Warwickshire TMC contract – Bid manager (Enterprise PLC 2009-10 – First on Quality, second at Interview and fifth on price – overall third)
- Cheshire West and Shropshire combined TMC – Bid support and writing (BAM Nuttall)
- Lincolnshire TMC – bid support and writer (Enterprise PLC 2009)
- Defence Estates – Demolition and Enabling Works £10m, Various USAF bases – Removal and Replacement of Underground Fuel Storage Tanks framework – 5 years.
- Cambridgeshire County Council – Regional manager winning and successfully delivering 30 plus projects – for example Dog In a Doublet River Bridge – £3m , Wansford – River Bridge Maintenance.
- A14 Ellington to Fen Ditton ECI (Costain, Skanska, Atkins 2007 – Won) – Lead writer of design sections, and design evidence coordination for main and supplementary bid.
- Cambridgeshire Guided Busway (Cambridgeshire County Council 2006) – Reality checks on final two tenderers. Contract awarded to BAM Nuttall.
- Cambridgeshire County Council Traffic Management Schemes Framework (2000 – 2006) – Regional manager responsible for winning and delivering two successful terms.
- A47 Thorney Bypass (Highways Agency 2000 – Won on quality) – Design stage Bid Manager, and all writing and commercial pricing.
- A131 Great Leighs Bypass (Essex County Council 2000) – Preparation of innovative fast-track procurement, assessment of proposals and advice on award.